I love eggs even Russian eggs or as others call it devilled eggs i make them and lather them up with Mayo yes of course it's the low fat kind. Thanks for your concern hehe.
I also have cut down on my coffee consumption and am trying to drink tea as it is a healthier option .
On the weekend i was wondering what i could do as i was having my cup of tea and an egg with salad.
I had a brain wave ~ I found Diana and her blog so I made Marbled tea eggs . I know it's not Easter or Chinese new year but i had fun never the less making some with Chloe.
The wonderful aroma in the house was just awesome ~ usually it just smells of the dog and as soon as it's a hot enough day she must get a bath outside!
I thought i would boil up some eggs and then after they cooled i would crack them a little with a small spoon (not too hard) Then add some spices and put the eggs back into the pot and boil!
They tasted pretty darn good if i say so myself! i guess but they looked so wacky and cool .
Thinking of doing this for our Halloween party soon next month ~ (more on that next week)
Here is the recipe i tried thanks to Diana you should try it too.
Chinese Marbled Tea Eggs
- 8 eggs, any size
- 2 teaspoons of of black tea
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 pieces star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Add enough water to a medium pot to cover the eggs. Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer for 10 minutes, until the eggs are hard-boiled.
- Remove the eggs with a strainer and run under cold water until they are cool enough to handle. Tap the eggs with the back of a spoon or butter knife to crack them evenly
- Then put them back in the pot re boil water for 5 mins addall ingredients for another 5 mins then take out ,cool and peel so awesome .
Wanna keep up to date with all the happenings on A Dose of Dannie!?
Well make sure you fill out the newsletter form so you get it weekly!