Jan 18, 2013
credit ~ Picture taken by Dion
Here are my Top 10 things that i do to stay relaxed & in need of unwinding. Whether stressed ,angry, what ever.
DANNIE'S 10 TIPS TO STAY RELAXED :~
1) When i just need to get out of the house so i don't go completely bonkers i take the dog and go straight to the park. Just walking round the oval or slowly jogging ,helps me clear my head and we both get some exercise at the same time.
2) great De- stressing is to get down to a beach and either walk along the sand without shows or run along the shore line as your feet touch the ripples of water. (it's rather soothing) Also build yourself a sand castle Yep true trust me with shells ,seaweed the lot.(take a picture and show me on instagram ~ danniew7
3) Go see a movie all by yourself (my teens think I'm weird) it's Oh .My.Gawd. Mum really that's a loner then laugh. ?? I don't get that I love seeing movies all by myself sit in middle or way up back with my (bottle water/juice) and sandwich i bought from home! ~ Don't bother buying the crap they sell you there. Unless you need your large coke,popcorn and choc wedge ice-cream and a bank break out of $15 so ridiculous !
4) get the bus /train and get your self down to The absolute beautiful Botanical gardens. pack your back pack with juice /cheese,cabana ,crackers ,capsicum ,radish ,carrots ,celery and so on. sit under the biggest tree you can find and just enjoy the day as well as the wonderful pretty flowers they have on show.
5) get out of the house with out taking your any technology it ain't hard I've done it so there!
Go to your local Library or better get to the Melbourne library in town it's massive go pick up a book that you would not normally read or borrow. You never know you may just surprise your self i did.....
6) Each week i have secretly been putting some coins/notes away as this family really wants a trip to the Gold coast and Dion has always wanted to move there as the weather is better up there for him and his M.H.E anyway. I have even gone to a travel agent to get the brochures (tropical north & Sunshine coast/Harvey bay etc...
7) Get up early on weekends ~ Check out the neighbourhood garage sales . You know the saying
(someones trash could be your treasure) etc... It's true you will never know and always go early and bargain with them.
8) get the train/Bus and go to your local museum ~ Usually it's free /you can always make a donation. Plenty to see for free paintings ,pottery , literature and loads more check what's showing at your museum
9) (This may sound weird but i do it often in hot weather)
Take a blanket outside ~ So you don't sit in your pets business lol lay down and just look up into the night sky count stars or make patterns in your head with the stars etc...
10) Lucky last Go to your local neighbour hood group or Y.M.C.A and learn to knit or sew.
(this is on one of my to do bucket lists this year) !
HOW DO YOU UN STRESS /UNWIND TO RELAX?
Wanna keep up to date with all the happenings on A Dose of Dannie!?
Well make sure you fill out the newsletter form so you get it weekly!